Wednesday 10 July 2013

Training Day 3....

I went in early to MK and got the monorail around the resorts and had a nose at the Polynesian and grand Floridian. Then I got some more sorcerers cards and had a nice healthy funnel cake for lunch!
Compared to day 1, I LOVED this shift!
In order, I did 3pm parade, flag retreat, MiSi, and then electrical parade!
So for 3 pm we closed off a bridge at the Hub ( where the castle is) and that was fine, a few ropes to set up only. 
Flag retreat was scary! Had to wear the bow tie and a veteran of the day carries the flag down the street and we have to stand to attention and march behind them and stuff! 

For MiSi I get paid basically to dance to Hannah Montana and metro station (shake shake shake shake, shake it!)  and did emporium position.
I finally got my packet of MiSi mickey confetti too from a tech guy, yay! I managed to burn my face with a sunglasses mark too, oops. Then came 9pm elec parade and the infamous ice cream corner! Was fine tho! We had 'light sabres' as a. guest said to direct people and make them move! Best of all around 830 a guy proposed in the middle of main st in front of the castle! SO SWEET! The girl cried loads and it made me tear up! They'd been together 5 years. He was nervous and said he googled which hand and still messed up and put it on his left bless! And at one point she dropped the ring and it rolled into a rut argh! But yeah, very magical made me happy!!

Then I finished in time for fireworks!
I got a chilli cheese fog from Caseys played some sorcerers and went on Pirates! Then I got a marshmallow covered in M&S and headed home to find we have 2 new roommates! They had their stuff stolen so moved but we were given no notice, and they left their door open so was their fault and now I'm worried for my stuff! From Hong Kong, seem nice enough but our flats too crowded now!

Today jules and I sunbathed at Patterson for a change, and it was a nice pool! We picked up our social security cards too (for life!) then wondered premium outlets Pacsun etc and I got a nice Ben n Jerrys mint choc chip milkshake! Realised Chatham is only 10 mins walk from there. Now I'm waiting to start my first PAC shift for real, got west so I come in and have an hour break, crazy. Hope it goes ok...!

No comments:

Post a Comment