Monday 22 July 2013

Park Greeter

So sunday I had picked up a shift before I had my proficiency's for PAC and therefore had my first Park Greeter (PG) shift in forever! Ive almost missed the ugly costume as the shorts/culottes have a lot more air flow than the PAC costume!

I got a slice of pizza at the Mouse (mousekateria) and then clocked in, I was put on the Vs (new turnstiles), which was slow and boring then suddenly a crazy storm hit, sideways rain, we were under shelter so though I wouldnt bother with raingear, and I got a wet bum and back!! And the rivers began to form around our feet, thank god for ugly workshoes as the guest relations girl with me had ballet pump=puddles in shoes!! The lightning was awesome!! Every few seconds over the lake and so much more visible than english lightning! Guests ran up to us soaking wet, one teenage girl ran up and had taken her top off and was just in a bandeau bikini, she was quite well endowed so you can imagine the sight as she ran up and the top was nearly too far down!!! Not very disney aha so that gave us a laugh. Had fun chatting with guest relations girl. She told me funniest dumb-guest story, they asked her friend; 'so where do you keep the dinosaurs' and the girl answered, you mean dinoland in animal kingdom? And they're like, no the real ones, I know you have them!! Haha the GR girl said to me if she'd been asked she would have replied "Maam, sure I rode my pterodactyl into work this morning, but that's not for you to see, that's mine" LOL.
Then I got my break, and saw the room where the parade dancers get ready, exciting stuff that I can't talk about! Then I got sweeping, and then buttons and I chatted to the monorail guy holding a new huge pinboard they have for guests to trade with on the way out!! Exciting! I found a few I liked on it. Then more Vs, and I was in the first queue from security which is obvs the one all dumb guests join, mental!!! So so busy, two lines for my one area all the way down to bag check in the end a coordinator came and helped with a handheld scanner!
Then I was on exits, then exit redirect when I found a PINK mickey hand to wave with. So MUCH FUN! Guests loved that it was pink and every kid I high fived looked so happy :)

We popped out to HoB after work but was bit lame so we left. This morning I shopped in the mall and now stuck on the bus home in crazy hard rain, but Harry Potter is on on the coach so I'd happily sit here all day!!
Jen heading to work in the rain

Vanilla cake pop!
Sorcerer's Portal

No comments:

Post a Comment