Monday 8 July 2013

Friday and Saturday- my weekend!

So I never made it to watch the fireworks at MK on Friday, and I'm hoping to go tonight as its the last night! We got to animal kingdom at about 1 pm, so quite late really, and headed to get FP for dinosaur as we hadn't done it yet! On our way in some lovely girls gave us 3 Everest FPs but we didnt have time to use them :(
We did the Magic Mouse type coaster Primeval Whirl and it was fun! Til it started raining...!
Then we headed to dinosaur front row, which was AWESOME :) so scary but fun.
We had our rainforest cafe lunch and it was fun watching jules get excited about all the effects as shed never been, but lunch took ages. Had coconut, shrimp and veggies....guess what veg?? That's right, broccoli!
Then we watched the parade, now I don't know if we've been spoiled by MK, but it was a total waste of time! After we got ice cream.. and when i saw "worms n dirt sundae" on the menu I HAD to try it...for anyone who didnt see my Halloween charity cupcakes, I made some that were worms in dirt; gummy worms on  crushed oreos! and this is what this sundae was, they stole my idea! Was yum but couldnt eat it all.
My 'worms' in Oreo 'dirt'!
Jules and I saw the Finding Nemo musical, was ok, wouldnt go again though. Crush the turtle wasn't Australian and it also made me realise there arent really any good songs in Nemo, but it was fun and bubbles came down at the end
. We did Dinosaur again at around 545 and said 20 mins but was a walk on, will have to go to AK later in the day again soon. It began raining so we gave up and I got the bus to AK lodge and another bus to Downtown to meet Hannah. We had a lovely evening! We had a lot of catching up to do and didnt stop talking. We booked Despicable Me 2 (2d) for 10pm or so and went to get food at Planet Hollywood, never eaten there before. They took our photo  as we went in and called us 'sisters' which seems to happen alot cos we're both quite small! After a 30 min wait we got a great table overlooking the balcony on the 2nd or 3rd floor up- one from the top, we could see alot of the screens and random stuff. Our waiter gave us a sample of the Creamsicle milkshake, it was so weird, like orange slushy fanta stuff! Not really a fan, but I got oreo milkshake yum, and the signature dish of the restaurant, fried lasagna!! It was really good, and got lots of cheese and black pepper yumyumyum best pasta here so far.

Then we went to the film and got turned away from the theatre and had to go up like 3 flights of stairs to an extra  balcony bit as it was so busy! We were very high up! Loved the film...again :) was actually better in 3D for once though. Got home at 1 am, tired!


Saturday


I went to HS for the day today. I met Sully and Mike, yay,
explored the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area, and then watched Lights, Motor, Action, love it!
And I finally found Blair at work too accidentally! I ordered a frozen lemonade from him :) After the show it was super hot so I did Muppets 3D, oldie but a goodie. Then I watched the Beauty and Beast show, meh.

I got chicken nuggets and fries and then went on ToT with FP. woop.
Then i watched the 10 min Lone Ranger preview in the ABC studio, love johnny Depp and has good stunts but dont think ill bother to see it. After that was Star Tours, we had the rebel spy and saw Yoda, very different to last time. I also nearly forgot to put my seatbelt on argh!
Then i went to Great Movie Ride for first ever time and the guide was English! Then half way through the ride broke down and we had to all get off and walk back through...so i still need to finish it sometime. I watched Monster's Party again, love the 'fearleaders' want to be one! The band is called scare supply and Mike and sully come on stage and there is a DJ. I did Tot again as had another FP as all other FPs had run out. Then went to use my Toy Story Mania FP but it had broken down so i did backlot tour again. I heard in the queue that it might be closing, sad times. Then I did Toy story and got a score of 121,000. I read up later how to get good points so will try it next time!

Then I met Blair and did ToT with him and we got some sneaky churros and a coke each! friends in high places...

We got a bus then a monorail to MK for the final 4th fireworks, love them! Got some more sorcerer cards then took our place in the centre of Main Street for the fireworks. BTGs (brazilian tour groups) stressed us out! Then we did Space, the Omega side (right) for the first time and Blair was right, it is more fun!

On the way out we grabbed a starbucks (stupid starbucks!) vanilla frapp was ok but made me feel a bit sick and then got the monorail to polynesian and then back to contemporary again and finally a bus home, home so late. I checked my new shifts too after midnight and got more PAC, which I was excited about, but not so sure now....



No comments:

Post a Comment