Friday 19 July 2013

Training again

I had a lovely day training yesterday!! Really enjoyed my 'day 2' because I had the one and only Cathy!! I was in for 1.45 and finally got my gross raincoat out of my US style combo locker cos I had to get the code again. Then I got some new pins and headed up where we walked around the West side (frontierland) to observe. It was wet so the parade stepped on in reverse, starting at splash and we helped out my doing plugs stanchions and I held the back rope! Its like you're basically in the parade, behind the end dancers and the managers and rollers (breakdown crew). So it was fun!!! Must be in so many videos, Hub on parade route (by castle) was completely packed!!! Then we took an hour break then came back and watched flag retreat (love it when they say 'on behalf on Main street operations' on the loudspeaker, that's us!!) Then participated in MiSi by walking up behind then dancing around sebastion float then clearing on the way back to town square. The other day Jules and I watched it go out and Lumiere the candle did some awesome dancing for us! Then we had another break (hard life) took our vests off (waistcoats to UK ppl) and went to tomorrowland dance party where jules got picked to dance and did the moonwalk haha!! Then we had 7 pm south PAC meeting. It was wet so they reminded us to tell ppl to keep shoes on incase they get stabbed with pins or something.."Well they might get a free pin but..." haha!! And I like the meetings. We were all on disability crossing where jules and I were the other day but I was helping CALL crossings now ie decide when its safe to cross, scary!! But went brill, great pre breakdown and breakdown, noone died haha. jules was our back rope LP was pivot so was great. Cathy said it was best she'd ever had from a training group!!! :) so I got my proficiency's phoned in and am now PAC TRAINED hell yeah. So last night Jules and I picked up a Fantasmic shift and I am so excited to work at Studios!!!! Next week that is :) 
Raincoats at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment