Sunday 28 July 2013

Saturday, My second Fantasmic! shift

I got a lift in with Dan and Jules to Disney U and returned my costume (trying on the Haunted Mansion costume for fun...) then headed into MK where I got a nice slushy lemonade and tried my first corn dog (corn nuggets are WAY better) and then headed to Studios. As I was leaving the park around 3pm I walked past day parade and the Mickey float had gotten stuck leaving the whole parade at a stand still and all the dancers had given up and stood in a group and the princesses had already waved to those around them and looked bored!
I went straight to costuming, where I managed to find an XXS unisex shirt that fitted much better than the small, and shorts (wooo!!) in a size 6 (needed a 4 or a 2 though as they fell down without my belt) and still no belts in a 26 so kept my gold buckle one. Its funny because in MK im a pant size 8, and shirt size small or xs max, whereas in studios all the sizes seem much bigger!
I tried on a park greeter costume too, much nicer than ours! and turquoise too! They had no lockers left but luckily my locker had not been cleared from Weds. I spoke to some girls in the same costume and walked to the break room with them to clock in, one has just started 6 months here from Manchester, lucky!!!
Best of all, once backstage we got on bikes and cycled to the break room!! Such a novelty you dont get that in MK, it was downhill too and sunny and sooo funny as me and Abi the other UK girl were dodgy on bikes! They didnt have handlebar brakes you just had to peddle backwards!
As this was a full 530-1130 shift we helped set up and walked the wheelchair ramp to check for debris and then we had a 30 min break and Scott thought I should get raingear so once again we got on a bike and this time cycled round the full remainder of the park, in the sun, getting paid to cycle behind Tower, and right by the water tower, Walt's plane and backlot tour was SO cool, and we had a good chat about rides that we didnt like the changes to (star tours...test track) and then i got raingear in a different pouch to MK (exciting stuff) and we went to the cafeteria (Take 5) to grab water and i got a chocolate bar called Muskateer = an english Milky Way yay! (as Milky Way here is UK Mars bar, annoying). We had our track talk at 7 and i was Ursula position (furthest section that seats last) and doesnt have too much to do. We then did our magic moment yay which involves picking a family to come in first, get free popcorn and as they walk we all stand in line and flick out light wands!! I also met a French guy my friend had been hanging out with which was cool. So this time I got to work BOTH shows and there were no medical emergencies woo!
I met loads of lovely CM's and guests (one guy walked past and shouted 'youre so beautiful') haha and I love all the music they play there, all classics remixed and sung by Jonas bros and Miley etc so I had a good dance! I also saw my friend Jess from PAC who came and took a photo with me. Before the show started they got people warmed up by doing quizs etc and one girl was also Emma from England! and then they did the 'flash wave' where everyone holds up something that flashes and the lights go out, very cool. I could also see some of the Epcot fireworks from where I stood and glimpsed the MK ones! One bit of the show I like is when the monkeys come out and i turned to see all the CMs with lightsticks swinging them and jumping up and down in time to the monkeys! I was in charge of the small disabled section at the top of ursula, and answered qs, and apart from one english woman making a scene about people not being disabled (oh the shame that she was english!!) it went great. In between shows I had to pan and broom and I have new respect for people working in cinemas, popcorn is a nightmare!!!
Then finally as I left I got to see an empty Studios, which was awesome!!! Overall, I LOVED it.
I got to bed about 2am and then was up at 8am to go to Trails End with Cherie (CMs get 40% off) at Fort Wilderness for breakfast! We got a bus to contemp, walked to MK and got a boat over to the Fort, we were the only people on it! The sun was shining, there was a nice breeze at the front of the boat, it was awesome. A real 'I am sooo happy right now' moment!
I had 3 rounds; loads of fruit and blueberry yoghurt, and OJ, water and hot chocolate, then the cooked round; 2 types of brek potato, smoked salmon, an eggs benedict pulled pork thingy (yum!) and breakfast pizza (meh). Then finally a choc chip mickey waffle and syrup, so full! and all for $15.
Then we hung out on the beach for a while, we were the only ones around and it did not feel like we were 5 mins from MK, but rather on a tropical island somewhere!!
Then in MK we got sorcerers cards (2 more, only 5 left now) and did some pin hunting including fishing for pins in Frontierland, the Duffy bear and the hat, and the pin stroller in town square that also had Mickey sat in it, wearing a pin lanyard!!
Right now I am packing to move into a hotel for a week with the boyf :D real holiday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment