Sunday 23 June 2013

Thursday 20th

This morning I had an evening shift and so did Jen so we spent the day together.
I got up and watched some brand new Futurama (woo!) and then we headed out to Hollywood Studios!!!
We got a FP for ToT when we got there and hopped on the single rider for RnR which took like 5 mins and we asked people to swap so we could sit together! Forgot how good it was!!


Then we went for lunch at the Dine In which was lush!  Chips and salmon sandwich! Really fun atmosphere too.
Huge chip!
Jen left her Disney ID oops :s
When we finished it was too late for ToT so we went for the bus. Jen wished it was rain as it was super hot... And as the bus pulled up the heavens opened!!
There was a mental storm!! We ran to the flat screaming and got so soaked it was hilarious, laughing so hard we nearly wet ourselves hahaha! I've never been so wet and I nearly got blown away! 
I had a shower n went to work...I got less wet in the shower!
ha!! Work was OK, met a lovely girl called Maria, and a lady called Amber who actually installs and sets off the fireworks for Wishes, it takes like 12 hours, crazy!
A little boy hugged me and said 'you're nice' haha! I just got turnstiles mostly and exits and a bit of touchpoint (always during Wishes so i cant turn around and see the fireworks grr!)
Then finally...my lovely supervisor Nicole Marie let me do a Magical Moment!! Super fun as we dotn really get these on PG (park greeter) shifts. She'd made me a princess crown from Mickey stickers and said i could pick a little girl.... so one of the other girls and I watched people leave and found a cute girl with her grandparents. She was called (princess) Scarlet, and they were so happy they wanted a photo of us with her, so cute! Then we took some pics of them together in front of the mickey floral. Her grandma said it was extra special as 20 years ago when her mum came to the park she had a special ticket and won a prize! And now it was
 her daughter's turn. This made my day :)
I also was going to put a mickey hand on to do exits to add fun...but theyre all so grubby!
When i work i think i put a disney voice on that is very cringey as no english people are recognising that im english!
One guy came up to me and said wheres the loo, or as you say restroom and i was like i say loo too!! Duh!

Friday Morning

We went off to see Monsters University woo!!

We got an Earl of Sandwich at Downtown and a vanilla coke at the cinema yum, fun morning.
Then we had to get on the dodgy buses to work, it was late, and it was raining and rain was dripping in both sides so much so two seats were abandoned due to puddles!! and it was sloshing in the back door all over the floor! buses are crap: they are late, wet, and the backseats always boiling like its about to explode, they break down alot or dont turn up at all, and theres a strange flap on the back of some that flap out when it brakes and hit you! Also tiny paper signs override the big screen on the front so its easy to get on the wrong bus!! It may say Epcot but its going to pop century...stupid!
So anyway, work was uneventful, i got a magic moment from two guests giving me their daisy duck stickers for my scrapbook in exchange for mickey ones!
Also it was my first close (6-12.15 park closes at 11) and for the first time i got assigned to taking photos for guests in front of the floral, 15 mins is not enough as it is fun! and hard to tear yourself away!
Closing is a bit lame as you have to put all the smelly dirty wet heavy covers on the old legacy turnstiles!

Saturday!

Today we had a bus disaster, missed it to epcot, then got on one that said epcot but really wasnt, then got off at vista as jen couldnt get her card and got on another to go to MK! We did get 6 cookies from the service center at vista though!
Then we went for lunch at Tony's town square italian on Main Street, we shared zucchini fries (courgette!! yum) and i got eggplant pasta (aubergine! not that nice at all damn) and then the special cheesecake was pineapple and coconut and jens face was so funny when the waitress said it that i had to try it!! was ok but felt a bit sick!

Then we got on the carousel but the horses didnt want to go...it broke down lame. (reminisced about how Holly used to call horses fuffys haha!)

Then we shared a Lafous brew from Gastons tavern, its fruity and frozen with marshmellow topping, mostly apple, laura u might love it!

Then Jules started work, Jen stayed in MK and i got the monorail then bus to meet Katy and Alice at HS!
Giant coke! 
Making us wet! 

I headed to Rock n roller for FP and also went on in in 15 mins single rider, woo!
Then i met the girls and we tried to meet wreck it ralph but hes gone into his game poo. Then the others went to eat and I went on the backlot tour! was fun!! but i prefer paris, its a bit longer! Paris ToT is better too probably because it is pretty new though.
Then i got a FP for ToT, and walked around the streets of America and explored the park, much larger than paris and easy to get lost. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it though its def my fav park!
Then i spoke to a guy on Toy Story Mania and he said the shortest queue is like 80 mins and FPs sell out in half an hour in the morn!! Its the most popular ride out of all the Disney parks in the world! which is a bit ridiculous really! I think Indiana Jones in Cali is the best....
So anyway he asked how many was in my party and it was just me as the girls were eating so he let me go in the Fp queue and I walked right on woo!!! Def my Magic Moment
It was fun!! just a 3D shooting game really, fun but not worth the 150 mins people wait sometimes!! CRAZY. I got 97,600.
Then i walked around and did some shopping and went to Guest Relations where I got a billion different stickers, so exciting lol!! and some special badges!
Having such a fun evening... then i watched the Monsters party they had 'fearleaders' which looked so fun i want to be one! and a DJ and then mike and sully came out and danced! They played In the Middle Jimmy Eat World which I love, made me happy!
Then i did the new Pirates experience which wasnt amazing but Johnny Depp hologram looked real so i enjoyed it!
Finally i used my FPs on both the awesome rides! On RnR i was next to a guy at the back (fastest!) whos 10 year old daughter was too scared, and it was his first time so he was going to tell her about it! Reminded me of Dad and I as I was 10 :) He screamed alot haha.
I watched the 10.30 Fantasmic with a churro and chocolate dipping sauce and was let into the reserved area for dinner packages so had a view smack bang in the middle, awesome end to the night!! Family, we have to see it. Laura, Frodo is in it! It made me sad that Hercules and Hunchback dont have anything in the parks whats up with that!
Finally, I've seen a few people in the Disney parks wearing quidditch robes and it makes me laugh.
My churro at Fantasmic!

Got the morning off today and working 6-2am which I'm not looking forward to!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment