Monday 25 March 2013

Disney Pack...and Visa nightmares!


Warning! I have a feeling this is going to be a long post!

So this morning I received my pack and after specially avoiding the fb group in order not to spoil the surprise it turns out the only surprise was an American sim card which I’m told by the knowledgeable members is not as good a deal as some others we can buy, and also there is now no longer a Disney look book which is a real shame I think. I did however get ONE bit of Disney confetti... lol.

Here are a few photos:


I like the mickey-style exclamation mark, and I enjoy even more the fact that the letter says 'first day of spring' when it is very much still SNOWING outside! lovely English weather.
So really the pack contained hardly anything and I am a lil disappointed I have to say. But the actual job is still amazing so I guess i'll survive!
So I have booked a visa appointment for next week, which is nice and soon since I wanted it out the way before exams (eek). Hopefully it will go smoothly- (paper-cut free)fingers crossed!!
Ringing to book my visa was fine, the lady was lovely, I had all my info ready but it was still 11 minutes or so! Unfortunately I had a freak out because when I got my email through to confirm, my middle name was spelt wrong!! She had spelled it back to me correctly with the echos, limas, tangos etc all right but then decided to spell it 'Joesphine'. So I had to ring back, costing more, joy! She then tried to spell it
Joephine
Joesphine
and Jofephine (!!)
before finally getting it right. Phew. This is a little bit funny because my boyfriend, middle name Jonathan, managed to end up with his middle name spelled Jonathon on his graduation certificate which I had to then sort out for him, so that's fun....
Anyway once that was sorted I just had the small task of paying the SEVIS fee (fine) and the DS160 (not fine!!)
We seemed to have too many answers for some questions and no answers for the others so following many consultations and freak outs of mine on the ICP group I finally filled it all in... all I can say is good luck people!! I have also managed to make my Dad say he was never going to apply for an American visa! (not that he would anyway... but still).
So let's just say, with all the bits of paper and strange numbers in my head, and printers and scanners refusing to work (grr!) and the fact that I am now not even sure I can spell my own name right, having typed it too many times, today has not been the most fun day!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment